June 8, 2011

4000 hits, yet I still have no idea who you are!

(Note: there have been more than 750 pageviews of this post since it first appeared on June 8, but still no takers for the free polo shirt offer.  What are you waiting for?)

This morning, the counter on my blog showed that 4000 people have visited it since July 2010 (the blog is older, but Google didn't provide a counter before last July).  Last month, the number of visits was 500, for an annual run rate of 6000.  I know that, by the standard of many websites, that's extremely small potatoes.  But to me, it's nothing short of amazing.

This Principal Undergardener polo
shirt can be yours.  act now!
My problem is that I have no idea of who visits the site.  No one leaves comments and I seldom encounter someone who notes that they saw something on this blog.  Google supplies some cursory information, such as the country of origin (U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, Japan and the Netherlands, in that order), and some of the search queries that got people here.  But who are you?

High quality and in your choice
of four colors.
I'd like to know, and I'm offering a prize - three prizes, actually, to find out.  If you're reading this, email me at n_h_sanders (at) yahoo.com.  I'll send a 'Principal Undergardener' polo shirt to the first person who responds in three categories:  1) someone who knows me, 2) someone who lives in the U.S. but who doesn't know me, and 3) someone from outside of the U.S. who doesn't know me.

You can have a shirt in light or dark green, or light or dark blue.  we can work out the details of size and color.  Shipping is on me.

1 comment:

  1. Donna RobbAugust 18, 2011

    I'm really enjoying your blog, which my sister Mary Hames-McBride recommended. My husband & I have a rose garden planted as a memorial to my mother. My husband is the boss. I do whatever I can get away with.

    We live in Florida, which is still part of the U.S. I know you from Miami Springs Sr. High School. We were in the beloved Col. Ramirez's Spanish class. I have fond memories of that class.

    I look forward to reading your books. I will be giving them as holiday gifts.

    ReplyDelete